This is the recipe for one of my most famous cheesecakes =
Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
As you will find out from me, I don’t really write out recipes; just do them by eye (and taste). Either way – Quick and easy.
- 24 Oreo cookies (cream removed) and crushed
- 1/2 stick of butter (6 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 16 oz of Caramel
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
MIX crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan.
Melt all of caramel and milk together at low temperature, continue to stir until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of pecans. Add 1/2 of the mixture to the crust you have already put into the pan. Put into frig while you make the rest of the of your cheesecake.
- 4 bars of cream-cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons, or so, of pure vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over caramel layer in crust.
BAKE 70 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.
Place cheesecake on a wire frame and allow to cool before putting into the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, you want to finish the top (allow to cool in frig for at least 2 hours before doing this part)
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate morsels evenly across the top
- Heat the other half of caramel mixture you made earlier until it can be poured over the top of your cake
- Sprinkle another 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to really top it off, and you are done